The Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin is seeking candidates with interests in local history and tourism to complete administrative projects and assist with general operations.
Position Title, Hours, and Compensation
- Administrative Assistant (Part Time – 27 hours per week, $15.00 per hour)
- Minimum 3 years experience in office administration; a combination of education (such a bachelor’s degree) with experience will be considered.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- Experience in project management;
- Ability to use multiple communication channels to market and promote the organization;
- Ability to work with partner organizations to deliver high-impact programming;
- Resourceful in using Microsoft Office software and other computer applications;
- Strong writing, speaking, and critical thinking skills;
- Robust knowledge of administration practices;
- Able to work as both part of a team and independently within workplace guidelines;
- Excellent research, organization, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Enthusiasm in promoting local history, heritage, and culture;
- Commitment to life-long learning and openness to improving current skillsets;
- Experience in office administration and staff supervision is an asset.
- Provide reception services, answer questions, and research using the Museum catalog and archives on behalf of visitors and clients;
- Assist the museum coordinator with projects, including research services in the archive and reference library, supporting public access to historical resources;
- Assist in the tracking of visitor statistics and maintaining lists of membership;
- Open and close the museum on days of work and follow all day-to-day procedures as outlined the procedures manual;
- Taking command of daily administrative tasks;
- Assist with the writing of newsletters and other promotional material;
- Ensure that the content of the website and social media are up to date;
- Correspond by telephone, email, social media, and web inquiries as needed;
- Inputting and synthesizing collections data;
- Manage and assist with projects;
- Other tasks as required.
- Friday, May 3, 2019
Please send a resume and cover letter via email to the Museum Coordinator at email@example.com in advance of the deadline.
We thank all applicants for their interest – only those selected for an interview will be contacted following the application deadline.