Please be aware that the Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin will be closed for the Easter Long Weekend including Good Friday (April 19) and Easter Monday (April 22). We will resume our regular winter/spring hours of Mon-Fri 9 AM to 5 PM on Tuesday April 23. We apologize for any inconvenience and we look forward to seeing you after the weekend.
April 3, 2019
The Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin is seeking candidates with interests in local history and tourism to complete administrative projects and assist with general operations.
Position Title, Hours, and Compensation
- Administrative Assistant (Part Time – 27 hours per week, $15.00 per hour)
- Post-secondary education in fields relating to heritage, history, conservation, archeology, library services, business/tourism, or cultural resources work; or equivalent work experience
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- Experience in project management;
- Ability to use multiple communication channels to market and promote the organization;
- Ability to work with partner organizations to deliver high-impact programming;
- Resourceful in using Microsoft Office software and other computer applications;
- Strong writing, speaking, and critical thinking skills;
- Robust knowledge of administration practices;
- Able to work as both part of a team and independently within workplace guidelines;
- Excellent research, organization, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Enthusiasm in promoting local history, heritage, and culture;
- Commitment to life-long learning and openness to improving current skillsets;
- Experience in office administration and staff supervision is an asset.
- Provide reception services, answer questions, and research using the Museum catalog and archives on behalf of visitors and clients;
- Assist the museum coordinator with projects, including research services in the archive and reference library, supporting public access to historical resources;
- Assist in the tracking of visitor statistics and maintaining lists of membership;
- Open and close the museum on days of work and follow all day-to-day procedures as outlined the procedures manual;
- Taking command of daily administrative tasks;
- Assist with the writing of newsletters and other promotional material;
- Ensure that the content of the website and social media are up to date;
- Correspond by telephone, email, social media, and web inquiries as needed;
- Inputting and synthesizing collections data;
- Manage and assist with projects;
- Other tasks as required.
Please send a resume and cover letter via email to the Museum Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the deadline.
We thank all applicants for their interest – only those selected for an interview will be contacted following the application deadline.
Join the Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin for their upcoming Cowboy Coffee House! It will be held Saturday April 13th, 2019 from 7-9pm at the Williams Lake Seniors Activity Centre!
This event is open to ALL ages, and will feature live music from Walter Hlookoof, Bill Goglin, Annette Fischer & Tanya. Enjoy live music, coffee, tea and desserts!
Tickets are $12 per person, and are available to purchase at the Museum, Margetts Meats or at The Open Book.
Event: Cowboy Coffee House
Date: Saturday April 13th, 2019
Time: 7pm – 9pm (Doors open at 6:30pm)
Location: Williams Lake Seniors Activity Centre, 176 – 4th Avenue North, Williams Lake
Tickets: $12/person available at the Museum, Margetts Meats & The Open Book
Are you currently enrolled in and returning to full-time secondary or post secondary studies?
The Museum is hiring! We are looking to find students who are seeking summer employment and have interests into local history, to complete curatorial projects and assist with the operations of the museum for summer 2019! This is seasonal full time employment between early May and the end of August 2019!
Please clink the attachment below to find out more about this incredible opportunity!
Summer Student Staff Employment Info 2019
Application Deadline is April 30th, 2019.
The Museum would like to invite the community to attend the City of Williams Lake 90th Birthday Tea!
Join us to celebrate Williams Lake’s 90th birthday with tea, coffee and birthday cake!
Date: Friday March 15th, 2019
Time: 1pm – 3pm
Location: Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin,
1660B Broadway Avenue South, Williams Lake
We hope you will join us March 15th, from 1pm-3pm!
The museum will be closed for BC Family Day on Monday February 18th, 2019. We will resume regular hours of 9am – 5pm on Tuesday February 19th.
We would like to wish you and your family a wonderful long weekend and a great Family Day!
The Museum is very excited to start working on a cartographic history exhibition in anticipation of the next summer season with this grant!
A big thank you goes out to the Central Cariboo Arts and Culture Society for funding this project. Also thanks to the Cariboo Regional District, and the City of Williams Lake for their continuing support of arts and culture programming.
Please click this link for the announcement of the Support Grants!
Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin
The Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas from the Directors, Staff, Volunteers & Members of the Museum!
Museum Holiday Hours
December 24th OPEN 9am – 2pm
December 25th Christmas & 26th Boxing Day CLOSED
December 27th & 28th OPEN 10am – 3pm
December 31st OPEN 9am – 2pm
January 1st New Years Day & 2nd Wrestling Day CLOSED
Join the Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin Society on December 9 at 11 AM at the Seniors Activity Centre (176 – 4th Avenue North) in downtown Williams Lake as they prepare for their annual Christmas Tea and Bake Sale in support of the Museum. There will be cookies, squares, and all manner of tasty goodies! Tea is by donation. We look forward to seeing you there!