April 3, 2019
The Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin is seeking candidates with interests in local history and tourism to complete administrative projects and assist with general operations.
Position Title, Hours, and Compensation
- Administrative Assistant (Part Time – 27 hours per week, $15.00 per hour)
- Post-secondary education in fields relating to heritage, history, conservation, archeology, library services, business/tourism, or cultural resources work; or equivalent work experience
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- Experience in project management;
- Ability to use multiple communication channels to market and promote the organization;
- Ability to work with partner organizations to deliver high-impact programming;
- Resourceful in using Microsoft Office software and other computer applications;
- Strong writing, speaking, and critical thinking skills;
- Robust knowledge of administration practices;
- Able to work as both part of a team and independently within workplace guidelines;
- Excellent research, organization, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Enthusiasm in promoting local history, heritage, and culture;
- Commitment to life-long learning and openness to improving current skillsets;
- Experience in office administration and staff supervision is an asset.
- Provide reception services, answer questions, and research using the Museum catalog and archives on behalf of visitors and clients;
- Assist the museum coordinator with projects, including research services in the archive and reference library, supporting public access to historical resources;
- Assist in the tracking of visitor statistics and maintaining lists of membership;
- Open and close the museum on days of work and follow all day-to-day procedures as outlined the procedures manual;
- Taking command of daily administrative tasks;
- Assist with the writing of newsletters and other promotional material;
- Ensure that the content of the website and social media are up to date;
- Correspond by telephone, email, social media, and web inquiries as needed;
- Inputting and synthesizing collections data;
- Manage and assist with projects;
- Other tasks as required.
- Friday, May 3, 2019
Please send a resume and cover letter via email to the Museum Coordinator at email@example.com in advance of the deadline.
We thank all applicants for their interest – only those selected for an interview will be contacted following the application deadline.